Malcolm X's essay is different from Mike Rose's essay because Malcolm talks about how he tries to teach himself to read while Rose's talks about the environment around his childhood and his vocational track classmates suffer from poor education.
Personally, I like Malcolm X's essay; it motivate me to study English. I feel the same as him that I want to be able to read and write in English. His writing shows techniques and patient of learning which I would like to follow it. However, Rose's essay gives me totally a different feeling after reading. I had a very hard time to understand the essay until I need my husband to help me explains word by word and line by line for the whole reading. The big question in my head after I read Rose's essay is who is his audiences? This essay seems to be a very great idea for whoever has to deal with the same situation he was. However, his writing style and his big words have put me into his vocational track class when I read it. I do not think I would like to write my first essay as Rose's essay style. I prefer to keep my writing to go smoothly while I write and enjoy writing ;even though, I may do not use many fancy words. I do not want to get stuck or lost in the big words forest and to make myself and reader to confuse about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment